api and merging

Originally published at Dreaming and Doing. You can comment here or there.

So we are doing group projects at The Iron Yard this week, and I volunteered to do the api work. I did this for two reasons, most the other work is css, and html, which I understand, the other big job was making the project responsive, so it would work on your phone, tablet etc. That interested me, but data collection and using is what fascinates me.

The first contribution I made was colors and styles and naming our project page – we are a Japanese fine dining restaurant. I like messing with design and design ideas, and I have very clear idea of clean layout. All my partners seemed to like my ideas and so we went forward. I must say the design, and layout all look great thanks to Mike, Maggie and Chase.

Our first major roadblock, and really only major road blocks so far the whole project has been github merging our branches. This is the main learning experience so far, learning to work together and merge without to many conflicts.


Thanks to Matthew I got my flickr api mostly working, and I learnt a lot! I still have a ton more to learn, but pulling data and spitting it out excites me.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.